Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You say condoms, she says taser...I say vibrator

I cherish having friends and family that come from different backgrounds and ways of life.  It helps during moments of trial and tribulations to have a variety of folks to call on for support.  Even if I inadvertently call on those who will give me the answer I want regarding the issue at hand.  Traveling to Italy seems to be similar to any life changing event (weddings, babies, etc)- people have their opinions and want to share them...lovingly, of course.  So that brings me to my current delimma.  Do I take the condoms or the taser?  My hope was that when my sister told me she wanted to give me something for my trip that it would be something pretty.  A "Lipstick Stun-Gun" was totally unexpected yet appropriate coming from my protective big sis. There is a lot of love in that taser.  However I am the type who would do better with the protection and preparedness of a travel size vibrator at this point. Not that I have an aversion to physical expression of love, I just like there to be some true emotion and lower risk of getting an international STD. Despite suggestions from savvy world travelers I still say that I will not be kissing any men abroad. So unless a condom or electroshock can protect me from carb overload I think I will be safe without either. Then again my mantra is to stay present and open to what life offers..."that which feels good to your soul is always the right answer". 
 
Travel update-
The travel agent has responded to my letter with a slightly unprofessional email or two and threat of collectors. But I remain comfortable with where I stand on the issue and will let it rest until further notice (of being served).
In a moment of inspiration last week I changed my Florence travels to another farm stay.  This time in Siena Tuscany just outside of the walled city San Gimignano.  I chose this city because I love saying it and can't do so without expressive hand gestures.  Actually I can't say much Italian without hand gestures which is a problem when I practice Italian while riding my bike to yoga. 
 
Days til take off: 6
 
-For those keeping tabs,
Kissing sesh: 0 for 0 
 
Buona Notte,

uptowngirl

No comments:

Post a Comment