Thursday, August 9, 2012

The carb count continues

It's been two days and it feels like 2 weeks of travel agency correspondence and deliberation.  I've done everything from spend hours perseverating over it with friends while consuming carbs and wine, to researching other agency websites (via a savvy friend),  to emailing a consumer advocate for advice, etc etc.  And it has come to this-  Writing a letter to the agency with the assistance of my wise mother and said savvy friend.  It is my belief that the gelato consumed pre-letter composing ensured a profound correspondence. There was magic in the moment as we (read: they) composed a letter stating the facts and only the facts.  For good measure I stamped with a "Justice" stamp. Signed, sealed, delivered, check enclosed for service fee, namaste. Moving on...to France and Italy 2012!  After all this drama I am decidedly open to accepting the affections of Italian men and gelato equally.  It just seems like the right thing to do. Watching "Under The Tuscan Sun" tonight made it obvious. 

Speaking of namaste...you know that climbing/yoga fella I was dating a while back?  Did you know that once during our dating time I made a kind gesture of inviting him to my weekly yoga class? True story.  This yoga class is my sacred space where I fill up after a long week with a bff and her hubby at my side while our A-mazing instructor leads us into sweaty vinyasa bliss. Last Sunday was the first Sunday after the break-up that he has not attended the class. Seriously. Talk about being present and not allowing the disruptive and often narcissistic environment around you to disturb your inner yoga flow. Interesting how his presence actually doesn't throw me off but when a new handsome male attends class I can't balance in tree pose for the life of me. Every time I am in downward dog I sneak a peek. That's the kind of distraction I welcome in my sanctuary. Om Shanti. Namaste.

Shout out- to my savvy friend, mother, and guides that supported me through the travel agent lesson.  The yoga retreat leader says there is always a learning experience right before a retreat begins.  Lesson learned- Wait. Waaaait. Do not react immediately, get the facts and stand up for what feels true for you. Planning to practice during my travels abroad, especially when it comes to men, food and Italian leather goods.

Much love,

uptowngirl

No comments:

Post a Comment