Thursday, August 2, 2012

Shitters-
I started my trip countdown with my first blog post in a super long time.  I have been meaning to send it but flight reservations and sleepless nights of thinking what to pack have made me slow.  Today, I learned that this adventure will start similarly to my match dating adventure:  ie- I once again unitentionally spent 800+ dollars.  This time it was on airfare.  That's right folks, I now have 2 roundtrip flight tickets for my France-Italy trip.  Unfortunately they are both in my name and for the same dates.  Shit, I say.  Then I remember we are all spiritual beings having a human experience and if this is my growth opportunity for the month of August, so be it.  But still, shit.  Seriously?
 
Here is how I meant this communication to commence:
 
Finding the love...
...One, eh make that 100, carbs at a time.

Caio bellas!  This single gal is Italia bound but not before she does a little yoga retreating in the French Alps for good measure.

Currently my heart sits in that sweet post-breakup spot where it is not yet longing and/or lusting for another man.  A perfect time to travel!

Italy has been written on my desire list for the past 3 years.  Every new year "travel to Italy" is on the list again right alongside “meet LPP”.  My excuse for delaying a trip was either timing, money or relationships.  First I wanted to be single in Italy so I could be free to accept the affection of an Italian man.  Then I decided that I didn’t have to be single to enjoy Italy.  Now that my ticket (correction- 2 tickets) has been purchased I am decidedly content to travel single and without the affections of an Italian.  In fact I am more excited to have a love affair with the food and wine.  Mostly I am planning to do the Eat part of Eat, Pray Love.

My journey abroad will begin late August when I land in Chamonix France to assist with a 9 day yoga retreat.  By yoga retreat I mean starting the day with relaxing blissful yoga followed by breakfast in the chalet prepared by our british love-bear of a host.  Followed by a daily adventure such as glacier hiking, white water rafting, rock climbing, chocolate eating or spending the day at an Italian spa.  Dinners will be prepared by our authentic Indian chef or 4 course preparing vegetarian chef. 

So that’s the first course.  Then a long train ride will take me through Milano to the town of Monterosso al Mare in Cinque Terre Italy.  I am jealous of myself (less now that I spent 800+ uncessary buck-a-roos).  But in all seriousness I am nervous-excited for this trip.  Like dating a man I fear my expectations will not be met.  I will be traveling solo in Italy so really the pressure is only on me.  At least in this relationship I have control over how I react and experience myself- when I remember that truth.  A truth I realize now after typing it that must exist while in relationship with any person, place or event.  I always have control over myself.

Hmmmm...I am beginning to think this trip might have more to do with self growth beyond what I prepared initally.

The count down begins. 

Goal 1: sleep through the night with out fretting about what to pack
Goal 2: stay single just in case I decide that I do in fact want to accept Italian affections
Goal 3: try not to by another flight for the same trip before I leave
Fondly,
up town girl

No comments:

Post a Comment