Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sit, Stay

Now this is a momentous occasion.  Second dates are very rare for me as I seem to be able to quickly find the flaws in men within the first 30 minutes of meeting them.  I have also been known to do this for my girlfriends.  For example,  I once asked a guy my friend was dancing with if he did drugs.  I will confidently ask men blunt questions such as:  Are you racist?  Have you ever hit a woman? Where do you stand on gay marriage? Do you eat french fries?  Undoubtedly I will mention to them no later than the rare 3rd date that they will not be getting in my pants any time soon.

Speaking of libido: Mac and I finished eating at 8:30pm but continued to talk until 10pm on our second date.  From my thorough questioning he seems to have been raised a certain way and has figured out for himself what he believes.  I like it.  I also like his calogne, and smile and eyes.  They remind me that Zoloft (unlike lexapro) has not minimized my libido one bit.  I addressed this with my counselor before the date, mentioning I want to keep myself in line and honor my boundaries.  She gave me the mantra "Sit, Stay".  It was effective and used several times during dinner.  Mac questioned my practices as an ordained minister...mostly I think he just wanted to make sure I hadn't taken a vow of celibacy.  I quickly responded with, "No, but I have my boundaries."  (Internal Dialogue: "Sit, Stay")
He respectfully walked me to my car, hugged me goodnight and suggested a weekend date of dinner and dancing.  I am looking forward to another date despite the fact that Mac does not meet all the usual requirements.  At this point he makes me laugh and I feel good about myself when I am with him, that is good enough for me!

Favorite quote of the evening:
"I went to law school to become a lobbyist for the NRA." 

Motherly advice:  "Mom, I don't want to have to play the game of allowing him to hunt."
"Sweetie, Instead of playing the game with him, play it with yourself.  See if you can stay authentic and trust your intuition to guide your actions."
It is possible my mom has gone full circle from the all-knowing woman of my childhood, the faltering guide of my adolescence and now transcended to guru status. 

PS- A thoughtful friend has brought it to my attention that I have two weeks before the renewal deadline for this $840 two year account.  Recommendation, go on as many dates as possible, blogging daily.  It's go-time people- DEFCON 1: Maximum readiness, war is imminent, pistol cocked (amen to that).  I wonder if I can Match search and blog during jury duty...

let your love flow. 

Total: ($700)

No comments:

Post a Comment