Sunday, August 21, 2011

Control...I have none.

I waited all night, had bad dreams about Mac and no response to my voicemail.  I whined to my co-worker, mom and sister the next morning.

Two minutes later Mac called and left a message suggesting dinner tomorrow night and apologized for the late response.  I texted him some mac and cheese eatery options and got excited again.  Then waited...and waited for the reply.  This is the lesson I continually get to learn..."Wait.  Let go of control".  My counselor calls situations such as this "another f-ing growth opportunity".  (I like that she cusses.)  She also says that getting "it" right one out of three times ain't bad.  I have already failed twice today with impatience.  Six years of counseling, energy work, healing arts school and still I forget how to let go of control and have a little faith.  At least I am consistent.

By late evening I found myself starting to wonder if he got my text, then saw that his Match profile said "on-line now".  Well mister if you are on-line get to searching restaurants and call me back, Mac!  I decided to turn on some jams and dance around the house. Then he called.  He didn't text.  And said his pick of the four restaurant options which happens to be my favorite.  Tomorrow at 7pm.  And I am giddy once again trying on outfits.  Really?  Is dating like this at any age?  I'm beginning to wonder if I am truly harnessing my "30 and flirty" wisdom and channeling it towards my greater good.  I will do it tomorrow!

Favorite quotes:
My mom's reply to my self-pitying text: "Believe in love"
My sister's response: "Mom's weird.  Go get your mac and cheese on.  And remember, I think you're pretty."
I love these women.  Thank you for tolerating me with so much love and support.

Adieu adieu to you and you...

Going to get my mac and cheese on,

Your Uptown Girl

still ($716)

No comments:

Post a Comment