Saturday, August 13, 2011

More Mac & Cheese Please!

Some background:  His first email to me stated that he was a Mac&Cheese connoisseur .  I begged to differ and suggested that his research lacked validity since he has never tried two of my favorite restaurants for mac and cheese.  So he put me to the test by planning a date at one of them.

He was surprisingly cute, funny, sweet and we closed the restaurant!!  I desperately wanted to write this blog when the date had ended and I was relishing my dating glory.  But I had to get to sleep for a 6am boot camp that was sure to kick my ass.

I can't be sure that he is worth $840 yet but he has potential!  For starters he greeted me at the restaurant where he had made reservations (which I knew ahead of time because I called to make sure.  I can't help myself).  We get to our table and he hands me a gift bag with tissue paper.  Inside I find a book I had mentioned never reading...I mean...so sweet!  This is the first time I have been given a gift on a first date.  My mind immediately calculated $15 off the Match bill!  Things are looking up.

We started off with a little awkwardness and some delicious mac&cheese which he served me.  He then took the liberty of eating every last bite and claim that I was in fact accurate in my assessment of the dish.  There was discussion of politics, family, religion, food, life stories...I laughed and nonchalantly touched his hand a few times.  It was quite lovely.

Then...he ordered dessert.  God bless America!  Our sweet server brought the dessert out with a candle.  She had seen the gift bag and thought it was my birthday.  Mac&Cheese let me make a wish (which was obviously that he would turn out to be the man of my dreams!)

We parted with a hug and plans for another date over mac and cheese next week.  Now I get to sit in anticipation that he calls.  Actually make that hang with friends and go on a date with "5 Guys" man tomorrow night while anticipating hearing from Mac (for short).

Favorite quotes:
"Why didn't those guys eat french fries?  Was it because they only eat freedom fries?  Of course I eat french fries."
"I will text you within your guidelines."

...All music to my ears!

Calculations thus far:
Date 1:
Dinner= $21

Date 2:
Book= $15
Dinner= $30
Total= $45
($774)

And while I am calculating...there are a few other things I have gained in the past 2 years from my Match experience that deserve recognition.
     DVD player= $50
     Best co-worker ever= honestly, priceless  (but I am still at a goal of making the $840 worth it in        direct relation to my life path partner.  Either said co-worker needs to help a girl out or I will keep dating and eating!!)

Total= ($724)



No comments:

Post a Comment