Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ask the universe and the universe will respond...

...It obviously respects the rules of engagement.  Bring on the dates people!

I just scored another dinner date at one of my favorite restaurants!  I was looking forward to a nice salmon plate but more importantly the man.  Turns out he is better on paper, a disappointment my sister and I felt equally.  She had a "good feeling" about him. (Please note this is not a rare response from her.  She has been known to pick out several men as my life path partner.  I guess we have to define more clearly how long the path is.)  Lately most of my dates that didn't make it to number 2 were due to a mutual lack of lovin' feelin'.  Unfortunately "Paper Boy" is showing signs of feeling a spark that isn't so mutual.  He kissed me on the cheek and texted me early this morning thanking me for a great date.  Crap. 

This morning I woke up to 3 emails:

Match 1 asked me out to a sushi making class on Saturday afternoon.  I am declining because I don't get a "good feeling" from his pics and would hate to potentially waste a perfect Saturday afternoon.  Would much rather hang with the girls who are always reliable and lovable.

Match 2 is a 'new to town' fella who noted my cosmic and spiritual connection. Nice.  He works for Coca Cola.  I don't have a spiritual connection to Coke, but I will give him a first date if he asks.  At least he used the word cosmic.  He grew up on the west coast...more points.

Match 3 turned out to be my neighbor.  We had sent a few emails and then ran into each other in the elevator Monday morning.  The elevator I never use since I walk to work.  The elevator I was using on my first day of Jury Duty.  Note to self: Look cute, even for Jury Duty! To my good fortune "elevator man" does not judge people at first glance (or has poor eyesight) and sent me a sweet email mentioning our brief encounter.  We did not acknowledge each other in the elevator to prevent any discomfort to fellow riders...and personal embarrassment.  There could be a date in our future, or at least awkward meetings at the pool.

In my infinite wisdom I have invited Mac to the pool this afternoon.  Bathing suit on a 3rd date, brilliant!  On a positive note, Mac is picking up dinner for a poolside picnic...I think he is falling for me. Bless him, he has no idea.  Along with texting him my address I informed him that he would only be allowed on the pool deck.  To prevent myself from an unexpected moment of weakness I am leaving the apartment messy. (i.e. wearing white granny panties)
 "sit, stay. good girl."

Total: ($640)  Question:  Do parentheses mean positive or negative value?

PS- Jury Duty was a real treat.  At one point while in the jury box I began laughing inappropriately.  I literally had to turn my chair and bite my lip while digging my nails into my arms...it took 5 min for me to get control. 

PSS- Love on the ones you love.  A dear friend lost her love last night...talk about defining the the length of the path.  To quote her favorite quotable movie, "I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a life time of nothin' special."  I am so happy she knows what wonderful feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment