Friday, September 9, 2011

Woe is me.

I have a somewhat perm-a-smile.  I believe it is quite becoming actually...along with my make-out chin.

Last night Mac laughed to the point of falling off my couch; I was reading him the blog in it's entirety.  When I finished reading at 12:30am he held my face, kissed me passionately (I love the face hold kiss) and told me he looks forward to reading about our future dates.  Especially the one that started 6 hours prior to the reveal of the dating blog...he's a little proud, and rightly so.

Mac came over to pump up my bike tires (literally) and then proceeded to lead me on a bike ride to the park.  Once there we rode around as if there was no real plan for the evening but hanging at the romantically lit park.  When we "happened" upon "Shakespeare In The Park" he suggested we check it out.  He spoke briefly to the woman at the tent who happily introduced herself and led us to our seats.  I was a bit perplexed but followed happily...and found myself in front of "The Royal Box".  Complete with chairs, dining table and a catered dinner.  Then he pulled out a bottle of red wine from his satchel and poured me a glass.  Seriously?! Who is this guy?!  I am rarely surprised as my mother can attest from several failed attempts at birthday parties.  In my wise old age I have learned that only I can really meet my expectations and therefor I make the plans.  This was way beyond my expectations and I was a little shocked.  I questioned Mac about his stance on PDA and when I got the all-clear I immediately kissed him and continued to do so intermittently for the rest of the evening.  In hindsight this was probably his main objective.  Well played Mr. Cheese, well played.  Romeo and Juliet was captivating and refreshingly comical at times.  My only complaint is the damn arm rests on the chairs...they were not allowing me to get close enough to this fine specimen of a man. (What is the female equivalent of cock-blocked?  I just checked urban dictionary and it goes both ways.  Please also note it can be used in relation to non-sexual activity which is my intent here. Sit. Stay).  What we lacked in proximity we made up for in hand holding and post theatre couch kissing.  PS- the kissing has hit a nice rhythm that I find rather enjoyable, hence the 1:00am bedtime.

I took the liberty of reinforcing the "monogamous chassis" rule with which Mac quickly verbalized understanding and agreement. Hinting that there are not many if any other chassis he is interested in at present.  Duly noted. Plan "C" is a go.

Next up, 90's coverband dancing date Saturday night per my suggestion.  Mac quickly vetoed my offer to make dinner with a laugh.  I questioned his faith in my cooking abilities; he replied that dinner is on him as he is trying to aide me in bringing my balance to zero.  God love him.  I am a little jealous of myself currently.

total: $415 (some gratuity added for impressive date planning and execution despite blown bike tire on return ride home which cost 20 minutes of make-out time but demonstrated our strong team work)

love,
Uptown Girl
ps- Mac just sent me a pic from his phone with the caption:
 "Eat your heart out Elevator Guy. -Mac"  It was a view from the Royal Box.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I am enjoying these more than you can know!!! hahaha..laughing ....hard!

    ReplyDelete