Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pillow Talk

(Squeal of delight and expectiation!)
  
My last (and wonderful) date with Mac was Saturday night/Sunday morning (eh hem).  It's Tuesday and I am still regaining my strength.  This whole dating a handsome man is interupting my blogging schedule along with my sleep, eating and exercise.  Oh the blessed side effects of a new crush (ok maybe more than a crush, let's be honest).
After a thrilling afternoon of de-wallpapering my mother's bathroom I raced home to get date-ready.  My plan was to nap, clean my abode, shower and pick out the perfect outfit...I had 2 hours.  Needless to say there was no beauty rest to be had and the perfect outfit came close to being a catastrophe...my closet continues to show the aftermath.  Thank goodness for friends who know my wardrobe and can dress me over the phone! 
Luckily Mac was running late as well so by the time he arrived I was perched on the brick wall outside my building looking as if I was chilling there for the last half hour, care free with cute hair.  Mac suggested a Steak Dinner when he arrived (score to the Match balance).  I had a moment of anxiety that he was thinking Logan's Road House.  Once again he picked the perfect place and confirmed that he had made reservations before I could finish the question.  The steak was good, the company better.  What can I say?  He is good.  To the point I have invited him to be a guest writer on the blog.  At this point he is still only privy to the blog if I am reading it to him.  However if he were smart and sneaky like I would be in this case he would have already found the link through a quality google search. 
The night concluded with 90's coverband dancing.  I don't recall the band being this good last time...maybe it's the man.  We had a blast and moved up a notch from side-by-side dancing.  Of note, he sings well in a fake microphone.
Cuddling proficiency was demonstrated effectively (with pants on per my orders) and we found ourselves talking more than sleeping.  The kissing is ahhh-mazing.  I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep but I am living on that hidden energy only a sweet man can unlock.  I think it is pretty safe to say we are both looking forward to the continued adventures of Watch Girl and Mac&Cheese.
My apologies for the lack of humor as the smitteness has taken over my writing and caused it to have more mush than usual.  I will try to get back on track soon...but I am going to revel in this for as long as I please.  Thank you very much!

Total: $395 

PS- I have no idea what Mac will write in his guest blog but I will go ahead and release myself from any blame henseforth. (unless it is awesome in which case I take full responsibility!)

© Uptown Girl 2010

1 comment: