Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lil' Annie Oakley

(From concertos to tractor pulls the man knows how to make a girl feel down right special)

So, I have this thing for bow ties.  When I strategically asked Mac a few weeks ago if he ever wears them he replied he would love to but doesn't currently own one.  As our symphony date approached I knew what I had to do.  On Wednesday night I biked my little chassis to Brooks Brother's and purchased, according to the salesman, the quintessential bow tie.  The "BB1" if you will.  I was given a brief lesson in tying the BB1 then had it boxed (which looked worth as much as the bow tie) and strapped to my camelback for the ride home.  I risked my life a few times trying to keep the box secure but it was well worth it!

Mac arrived sporting a dark blue suite and white shirt with subtle baby blue stripes...perfect!!  I handed him the over sized bag and he immediately blushed then tore into it at a pace not fitting for my excitement.  And...he loved it!  I stood on the couch and tied it around his 17 1/2'' neck.  Final time: 20 minutes.  I felt a little anxious that he may not really like it as much as I hoped but looking at him I realized I wasn't that concerned.  He looked damn fine to me so I was happy.  And my counselor always says men are happy when their women are happy. 

The combination of bow tie, cologne, grass hopper cocktail, and symphony took me to that place where anything is possible, where life is blissful and the man next to you could be everything you imagine.  I whispered "I love this", and he replied "Me too."  We sat there holding hands for two hours completely entranced by the music.  It had triple the power of a quality romantic movie or an Otis Redding song.  I loved that he loved it as much as I did...mush mush.  Sit, Stay.

Forty eight hours later I found myself listening to the harmonious sounds of a good ole tractor pull.  My journey to the country also included an introduction to the family farm chickens and the local leather shop where Mac bought me a hat perfect for shooting a 22 on the mark with my first try....and second,   and third...!  The meeting of the parents was brief and painless, almost to a curious extreme.  I started to wonder if this dude brings so many chics to the farm that his parents are unimpressed by new women or maybe just me.  It could also be that the combination of my classic beauty and cowboy boots threw them off a bit.  Only time will tell.  All that master shooting worked up an appetite that only a good burger and fries at the soda shoppe could satisfy.  Done and done.  I still get excited every time he orders fries.

We ended the night with a mostly terrible movie, some impressive guitar playing and quality cuddle time in his bachelor pad of a pool house.  Of note, there is a bike in the kitchen and nothing but styrofoam containers and a pizza box filling the fridge.  He wasn't kidding.

It pains me to say we are approaching that irreversible place where the courting efforts slowly diminish, where the possibility of never seeing another surprise bouquet of flowers is very real, where my zero balance may never be met.  You know that time, when dinner dates are replaced by nights-in watching TV and going to bed early, pants on.  Mac has just suggested two dating activities that are Free!  However his attempts to help with dinner or willingness to watch girly TV do not go unrecognized.  He is so good I can't even make him sound that bad for entertainment purposes on this blog.

 I have seen from wence he came and continue to want him as my cuddle buddy until further notice.

Love and more love,

Uptown Girl

ps- I must admit something is in the air...it could just be that transition into fall.  But I have a feeling there is going to be a shift that may not seem positive in the beginning but will all make sense in the end.  Hopefully I will recognize it, embrace it and learn the lesson.  If only I could do this on a daily basis in all my relationships of self, work, family and those complicatedly simple men folk.

Total:  $205
(it is worth reporting that the tractor pull was $10 each!  Likely the most expensive part of the weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment