Friday, September 2, 2011

Sweetness

Despite his love for the hand gun Mac sent me a sweet bouquet of flowers yesterday.

Wednesday found us on a lovely sushi date followed by cover band music downtown.  Please note this was not followed by a make-out sesh in a clean apartment, just more florescent elevator-lobby kisses.  I refuse to clean in the future on principle.  Unfortunatelyy any efforts to rally for the date only exacerbated my night time coughing fits, preventing any quality sleep and the ability to get out of bed for work the next morning.  Somehow this cough is more powerful than Nyquil but has met it's match with funny emails and flowers from a handsome man (See clever email communication below).  Admittedly, something has come over me...I even paid for one of Mac's drinks last night!  In fact I demanded it.  What happened to DEFCON One (1) I ask you!  I continue to have some connections on Match that have potential but I am lacking energy to move forward with them, I would just rather hang with the Mac.   But I will persevere and keep my date with Elevator Man tonight.  This could get me in trouble since he might see my frolicking in the pool with Mac next week.  It is also quite possible that he will turn out to be A-mazing and knock Mac out of the running.  Hopefully he finds my hoarse voice attractive and can see beyond the constant hacking.



An email convo with Mac:

To whom it may concern,

I am opposed to waiting until next Thursday to see one Mr. Mac A. Cheese.
Your consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Signed,

Uptown Girl

His response:

Dear Ms. Uptown:

Thank you for your recent note. We welcome your feelings on any and all important issues. The eight (8) day layoff between dates with Mr. Cheese was already a matter of grave internal concern, and your opposition to same is both duly noted and much appreciated. At the time of this writing, we are working on solutions both to solve the problem itself, and to ensure that similar situations do not arise in the future requiring your opposition. In a related note, we have now perfected our method of waiter-payment which Ms. Uptown recently and astutely illustrated was fatally flawed.

Your input is invaluable to us and any suggestions are always welcome. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. We look forward to resolving all issues to your complete satisfaction.

Yours truly,

To Whom It May Concern


Labor Day love to all!
your Uptown Girl

PS- Mac informed me the other night that his family knows me as "Watch Girl" since I checked the time on his watch at the end of our first date to signal I was ready for the date to end.  There may be potential here...at least for some awesome Halloween costumes. 

PSS-

FYI, Labor Day is generally the termination date for all my air conditioning-based sexual relationships.


Total:
$555
-25 (dinner)
+25 (drinks)
-25 (flowers)
-5 (music)
-10 (for good measure and good laughs)
$515

No comments:

Post a Comment