Saturday, August 27, 2011

A lesson in preaching

If you are going to preach it, practice it!  I am known for loathing the custom of courting via text and find men who do to be unworthy of my affection.

I have just successfully stood Mr. Coke up without my knowledge or intent all because I texted!  Oh my goodness! I feel awful.  It went like this:  I couldn't decide when would be the best time to meet since I was trying to balance 3 potential weekend dates.  I suggested to Mr. Coke via text that we meet up for brunch, hesitating to call for some reason I am still unsure.  I failed to mention in the text that I meant Sunday.   He showed up at the agreed upon restaurant at noon today!  I was across town having lunch with a friend and paying little attention to my cell phone (highly unusual behavior).  When I got in my car at 1pm I had 3 texts from Mr. Coke starting with "I'm here" ending a half hour later with "Thank you!" (Read: thanks a lot for standing me up you big poo head)  I immediately called him and apologized for the miscommunication.  I offered to meet for brunch tomorrow and make it my treat.  He accepted with a slight and understandable hesitation in his voice.  CRAP!  All of this could have been avoided if I had just called like I said I was going to.  Lesson: What you preach is right, practice it for the love!

Hopefully I will not learn any difficult lessons on my date with Mac tonight. 

Total: still $595, until I have to add back whatever brunch costs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment